Back to home page
INTERIM ACTIVITY REPORT
Period: March 2003 - July 2003
The initial months of my International Policy Fellowship have been used
to establish a solid foundation for the project and to compile some of the
data and information necessary. The activities have been designed according
to the research methodology developed prior to the initiation of the project.
Specific activities have been discussed and agreed with my academic mentor.
The main activities of the period included the following:
- Review of literature available at the CEU library and at online
- Discussions with experts including my research mentors Mr.
Lajos Kossa and Mr. Aleg Cherp, as well as with Ms Vilma Eri, Director of
the Center for Environmental Studies, Budapest;
- Preparation of questions, topics of discussion for field visits
- Field visits and interviews at selected municipalities including
the Municipality of Aba, the Municipality of Hatvan, the Municipality of
Orosháza, the organic farming community in Somogyvámos, the
Office of the Assembly of Pest County;
- Participation at the IPF Training Seminars in March and in
- Design, review and updating of the IPF personal web page;
- Participation at the Workshop on Introducing Health Impact
Assessment in Hungary at the National Government Level - organized by
2002 IPF Fellow Ms Margit Ohr in Budapest;
- Participation at the Conference for Sustainable
Development organized in Budapest by the Urbanissimus Club, presentation
of a paper on "Sustainable Development Initiatives at the Local Level
- Participation at the 23rd Annual Conference of the International
Association for Impact Assessment on Impact Assessment & Capacity
Building hosted in Marrakech, Morocco by the Moroccan Ministry of Land Use
Planning, Water and Environment, presentation of two papers on "Corporate
environmental management tools at Hungarian local governments" and on
"Linkages between strategic environmental planning and corporate environmental
- Writing up the first findings of the research.