1. Peacebuilding program carried out by local NGO along the Chechen-Dagestan border.
2. Ingush NGOs plan to work as observers on local elections.
3. Chechen Agency for Rehabilitation and Development is beginning an assistance program for widows of the war.
4. "Caritas -North Ossetia" is opening a charitable cafeteria in Vladikavkaz.
1. Chechen non-governmental social-charitable fund "Berkat" working on religious tolerance and cultural education has prepared a number of publications.
2. Ingush human rights organisation "Human rights defender".
3. Children's Fund in North Ossetia plans to expand assistance to cover emergency cases.
4. Activities of the Centre for Peacemaking and Community Development - Chechnya.
1. Dagestan "Center for Protection of Human Rights" - first year of activities.
2. Foster home "Family" in Chehcnya.
3. Ingush human rights activist persecuted.
1. Charitable hospital in Dagestan.
2. Plans to picket government offices in Moscow.
3. Chechen activist abducted.
1. Hasavyurt Regional Charitable Fund "Salvation" is completes a project.
2. Inter-ethnic Center "Drujba", Kislovodsk.
3. The Karachi Charitable Society "Alan".
4. Circkassian society "Adyge-Hase".
1. Social movement "Our Homeland - Dagestan" is trying to ease tensions between various ethnic communities in the republic.
2. "Slavyane" (Slavs) society.
3. "Nenan-Az" social - charitable fund, Chechnya.
1. Association of Women of Dagestan
2. Supporting disabled children, orphans and providing psychological rehabilitation for children affected during the war in Chechnya.
3. Repatriation and defending the rights and interests of refugees and forced migrants.
4. Charitable hospital in Dagestan
Concerns over Dagestan - will the current war lead to civil strife within the republic?
1. Chechen youth organization "Laman-Az".
2. New Ingush organization is gathering information about local NGOs.
Concerns over Dagestan - success of NGO conflict prevention efforts?
1. Centre for Peacemaking and Community Development is assisting Chechen Refugees in Ingushetia.
2. Reconstruction and reconciliation efforts in Dagestan.
3. The Association of conflictologists of the Stavropol Region wins prize for its work with traumatized children.
1. Ingush Red Crescent Society assisting IDP's from Chechnya.
2. Plans for a meeting of Chechen and Ingush NGOs.
3. NGO Working Group on Conflict Management and Prevention meets near Moscow.
NONVIOLENCE INTERNATIONAL - NEWLY INDEPENDENT STATES HOME PAGE